Legends - Minecraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server Info and Getting Started Guide!

3 posters

Go down

Server Info and Getting Started Guide! Empty Server Info and Getting Started Guide!

Post  NotYetRated Wed 16 Feb 2011 - 0:32

Server IP: legendsmc.dyndns.org

Welcome to the Minecraft Legends Server. Below details SOME of the key points of the server!

The FIRST time you log in to the server, you need to create a password! Type "/register " to do so! After that, login is done via /login ! This protects even hacked accounts! Smile

Overview:
Minecraft Legends sever is a SURVIVAL multi-player server. This means monsters are ON! They will kill you! Build during the day, hide at night. Or, for some fun, stalk the monsters themselves at night!

LegendsMC uses the towny system for lots and protection. With this, you form towns with your friends. Multiple towns can then create and join a nation, and various nations can go to war with eachother over whatever the hell they reason they wish.The towny system can be explained in depth in the "How To" section of the forums. READ IT as it is VITAL.

For chest protection of your valuables, LWC is used. This enables you to protect your chests, lock your doors, and ever switches to deny access to your goods, your house, or anything you can think of. Lot protection via Towny does NOT protect chests! KEEP THIS IN MIND.

There is an economic system on LegendsMC. Players can set up their own shops to buy/sell their goods. The server has a shop set up in Wolfton for buying and selling some basic essentials. These good are purposefully set expensive to encourage a PLAYER driven economy!

Being that we are on a SURVIVAL multiplayer server, there IS PvP. Anywhere outside of town is fair game to be killed, looted, harassed, whatever you want to call it. For those of you who prefer to be out away from people on your own, you can create your own "city" and be safe within your own little haven. Or, like most people, join a town with other people and benefit from larger protected area and whatever amenities your town offers.

LegendsMC offers users a level up type experience. Use you axe a lot? You will gain woodcutting skill. The higher the skill the more chance you get to get double or even triple drops from your blocks. Level mining up enough and turn the single diamond block into multiple!

GETTING STARTED

Newcomers to the server will benefit well from these small tips.

-Type "/kit starter" for a handy little starter kit! This should get you going in the game, though it will not help too much!

-Initially, you are started out in the wild. The initial spawn area does not allow for destroying or building! This is to keep the spawn point fresh and wild looking. Venture out a little bit to begin your journey!

-You start with a small amount of money initially. Band up with friends, or make some new ones and start or join a town! You can make one out on your own, or join a group of others, but joining a town is the ONLY way to gain lot protections from griefers!

-To earn money, kill monsters! Find Wolfton Castle and sell to the server shop there. Sell to other players. Offer mining or other services to other players for cash.

-Buildings. This is a semi-RP server. Thus, we like to keep it clean looking! Build what you want, a large floating city, underwater city, a medieval castle....A shed in the damn woods I don't care. But make it look nice! Absolutely NO 1x1 towers to the sky. NO 1x1 holes to bedrock. Keep everything CLEAN looking so we can all enjoy the server.

-Legends Status. I keep this server paid for and running personally. It is a dedicated box on a dedicated connection. I don't require pay for the server. Though I do take donations. Donations will earn you Legends Status with some perks and cool benefits. NOT having Legends status does not detract from game play in any way! Though having it definitely has its perks! See the Legends post for more info.

NotYetRated
Admin

https://legendsmc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Server Info and Getting Started Guide! Empty HELP!

Post  PhaNt0m64 Mon 12 Dec 2011 - 17:07

do i play on this server in the minecraft download? i confused on how to get into the server

PhaNt0m64

Back to top Go down

Server Info and Getting Started Guide! Empty Re: Server Info and Getting Started Guide!

Post  Alcarnus Mon 12 Dec 2011 - 17:14

PhaNt0m64 wrote:do i play on this server in the minecraft download? i confused on how to get into the server
Simply run the Minecraft.exe and go to Multiplayer. Then, add our server IP and join. Once in-game, do /register [password] [email]. Then, you should be good.
Alcarnus
Alcarnus

Back to top Go down

Server Info and Getting Started Guide! Empty Re: Server Info and Getting Started Guide!

Post  PhaNt0m64 Mon 12 Dec 2011 - 17:17

StarPaladinAlc wrote:
PhaNt0m64 wrote:do i play on this server in the minecraft download? i confused on how to get into the server
Simply run the Minecraft.exe and go to Multiplayer. Then, add our server IP and join. Once in-game, do /register [password] [email]. Then, you should be good.
is says unknown host :/

PhaNt0m64

Back to top Go down

Post  Alcarnus Mon 12 Dec 2011 - 17:20

Just saw ya in-game. Have fun out there!
Alcarnus
Alcarnus

Back to top Go down

Post  NotYetRated Mon 12 Dec 2011 - 18:09

PhaNt0m64 wrote:
StarPaladinAlc wrote:
is says unknown host :/

Unknown host...? You type it correct? As far as I can see no connection problems all day...

NotYetRated
Admin

https://legendsmc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum