Legends - Minecraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Automatic restarts for better performance

2 posters

Go down

Automatic restarts for better performance Empty Automatic restarts for better performance

Post  NotYetRated Mon 4 Jul 2011 - 23:11

Due to the numerous small memory leaks which minecraft, bukkit, and some of the plugins all have, I am instituting an automatic server restart 4 times a day. This will help me with keeping the server online, as I won't have to keep checking it every hour to make sure it hasnt come down. Now, it will automatically stop save and restart.

Scheduled times are as follows:

3:20 am
9:20 am
3:20 pm
9:20 pm

All EST.

Estimated downtime is about 1 minute on these restarts. Please let me know of any issues.

NotYetRated
Admin

https://legendsmc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Automatic restarts for better performance Empty Re: Automatic restarts for better performance

Post  Jake0002 Tue 5 Jul 2011 - 14:24

I'd be ok with doubling that number if it meant better stability.

A minute is easy to handle.

Jake0002

Back to top Go down

Automatic restarts for better performance Empty Re: Automatic restarts for better performance

Post  NotYetRated Tue 5 Jul 2011 - 14:33

Jake0002 wrote:I'd be ok with doubling that number if it meant better stability.

A minute is easy to handle.

Ehh 4 times a day should be okay, the problem we are facing today and bukkit/MC as a whole is hackers. Theres currently a few big holes in bukkit which people are taking huge advantage of...

NotYetRated
Admin

https://legendsmc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum