Legends - Minecraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Server - New Site

+3
bailley
Cold8looded
NotYetRated
7 posters

Go down

New Server - New Site  Empty New Server - New Site

Post  NotYetRated Fri 9 Mar 2012 - 11:17

As many of you may have noticed, the server updated to 1.2.3 last night. Those of you who logged in may also have noticed a rather large change..... We have moved to a new map!

I spent a lot of time trying to formulate a plan to NOT have to migrate to a new map, but in the end it was the best choice, in my opinion. In the map move, I also decided to go ahead and wipe all other data, with exception to login data. A fresh start may be a pain, a lot of people lost a lot of hard work, but I felt it was best for the server and a nice change for all of us.

In the new server, I will be keeping tighter control on the economy. I felt money became hardly useful in the previous server. In the new server, I hope to bring much better balance to the economy.

In addition to a new server, we have been hard at work behind the scenes at LegendsMC developing a brand new website! Very soon, LegendsMC will launch its new portal, at LegendsMC.dyndns.org. This new portal will integrate many things together. No more going to different sites to reach different things for the server. The site, updates, news, map, forums and more will all be in one convenient place! I will keep everyone informed when the new portal launches, but keep and eye out here in the coming couple of days!

Also with the site change, some methods of conveying news/updates will be implemented. The website will be your one stop shop for all things server related, featuring a live twitter feed of all the latest tidbits and information about the server status!

Also, Legends! You are not left behind in this! All legends will be granted a rewards package in the new server. Please see me, or PM me, when you settle in to the server. Either by claiming a plot in Wolfton, or starting your own city, to be granted the rewards package.

NotYetRated
Admin

https://legendsmc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Server - New Site  Empty Sounds good!

Post  Cold8looded Fri 9 Mar 2012 - 16:54

I do believe that a new map is needed, but, yes, a lot of people's hard work will be gone Sad.

Cold8looded

Back to top Go down

New Server - New Site  Empty Re: New Server - New Site

Post  bailley Sat 10 Mar 2012 - 13:26

Sweet about time we get some cool new geography because lets face it there wasn't really any cool mountains and stuff in old map.

bailley

Back to top Go down

Post  Alcarnus Sat 10 Mar 2012 - 14:28

Crap, I missed this glorious event. I just moved into my girlfriend's place, and her internet was just plain shit. I had to run across town to buy a new and better one. Expect me back very shortly!
Alcarnus
Alcarnus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake0002 Sat 10 Mar 2012 - 16:24

Where do you go to buy a better internet?

I must know this, and I'll gladly grant you two of my old internets as a reward.

Jake0002

Back to top Go down

Post  NotYetRated Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 13:43

Jake0002 wrote:Where do you go to buy a better internet?

I must know this, and I'll gladly grant you two of my old internets as a reward.

haha in the US choices are extremely limited. If you don't have Verizon FIOS in your area, you are mostly screwed! I don't have FIOS in my area so I have to go to with business class internet to get any decent upload speed... And the pricing is outrageous lol.

NotYetRated
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Neotician Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 15:13

On that front we have it pretty good here in denmark, privately you can get up to about 90/90 mbit.

a 30/30 connection costs about 47 bucks a month
Neotician
Neotician

Back to top Go down

Post  Shrooms Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 19:22

At&T in your area is usually pretty good i always have 50mbs usually pay like 43 a month
Shrooms
Shrooms

Back to top Go down

Post  NotYetRated Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 19:49

Neotician wrote:On that front we have it pretty good here in denmark, privately you can get up to about 90/90 mbit.

Ya the US sucks for net. A normal home in my area can get 30/5 from time warner for 40 a month. Or 50/5 for 100 a month(LOL!)

This is the quickest standard home speeds in my area.

I had to get a "business class" line from time warner for my home with 30/30, for 125 a month lol.

NotYetRated
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Neotician Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 20:21

NotYetRated wrote:
Neotician wrote:On that front we have it pretty good here in denmark, privately you can get up to about 90/90 mbit.

Ya the US sucks for net. A normal home in my area can get 30/5 from time warner for 40 a month. Or 50/5 for 100 a month(LOL!)

This is the quickest standard home speeds in my area.

I had to get a "business class" line from time warner for my home with 30/30, for 125 a month lol.

Madness.. Capitalism ftl? :p
Neotician
Neotician

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down